bathing suit- Jrew Factory; scarf- Jcrew Factory; purse- Louis Vuitton; ball cap- Jcrew Factory; silk skirt- Jcrew Factory; makeup: Dior bb creme, Mac lip sheen in supreme style, Sugar lip treatment
Have you been wanting a natural, bright, and healthy looking tan? Kate Hudson in “How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days” has what I call the perfect tan. She has an all over olive base tan that is the perfect for the summer that is even and real looking (although it is sure she had a spray tan done for the role).
Steps for Self Tanner:
1. Exfoliate body in the shower (shave after exfoliation)
2. Apply a light amount of toner and moisturizer to face (do not apply moisturizer to body)
3. Apply Tanner
4. A light dusting of baby powder can be brushed on the body to help the tanner dry faster if in a hurry to put clothes on ( this is not mandatory step, just helpful to know)
5. Let tanner sit for a usual time of 8 hours before showering (can apply clothes about 15 minutes after application) and then after showering at least 8 hours after application it is safe and recommended to apply moisturizer daily to help the tan last longer.
Here are a few of my favorite tanners:
1. St. Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse:
– I prefer the dark because I like a rich vibrant tan but this mousse also comes in other shades that are for fairer skin or even just a more natural look
– St. Tropez has tanners that come in mousses, lotions, gels, sprays, and even face tanners (whichever method you think would be easier to applicate)
– The mousse I think is easiest to use because you can buy an application mitt to help glide it on and blend it
– A lotion that is very blend able and has a very rich olive undertone that helps to achieve the more natural hydrated look.
– Apply with a glove or body brush to the skin because it will stain hands like other self tanners
– This tan is very easy and achievable no matter what skin color you have, it glides on and blends in easiest with most skin tones and also has an olive undertone to help enhance a brighter tan rather than an orange looking tan
– Although it says it lasts 2-3 weeks mine usually lasts a week and a half which is fairly good compared to a lot of other tanners than only last 3-7 days.
****BEFORE applying a self tanner of any sort make sure you exfoliate your skin in the shower including your face (if you have a sensitive skin on your face make sure the exfoliator isn’t too harsh for the delicate skin, you may have to purchase a separate facial exfoliator)!****
My favorite exfoliator is Jo Malone Vitamin E’ Body Treatment Scrub
– This exfoliator is more expensive than most but it has given me the most unbelievable results (the jar of exfoliator is also fairly large on the plus side)
– Exfoliates very well but also is very moisturizing (it’s nice because exfoliation can often dry out the skin and before applying self tanners you don’t want to moisturize the skin too much because it can cause the tan to slide or smear after application)
Laura Mercier ‘Flawless Skin’ Face Polish
– A gentle yet effective facial exfoliator